Sunday, June 16, 2013

Bluesea Bow shaped nail decoration review

blue sea bow shaped 3d nail art sinful colors snow me white la colors pink bubbles animal print leopard
Today I have a review for you of these cute little 3d bow shapes! They were sent to me by kkcenterhk and arrived pretty quickly considering they were being shipped from Hong Kong! They were here about ten days after speaking with them. I don't know if this is the usual for their shipping or not, but if it is, it's awesome! 

I picked these Bluesea-CB01B 3d nail art decorations. They're little bow shapes and the have a white background with pink leopard print on them. They're sooo cute and I was so excited when they came in the mail. I just couldn't wait to try them and get this review up to show you all! 

blue sea bow shaped 3d nail art sinful colors snow me white la colors pink bubbles animal print leopard
blue sea bow shaped 3d nail art sinful colors snow me white la colors pink bubbles animal print leopard
I did an awesome white and pink leopard mani to match the bows. I alternated between Sinful Colors Snow me White and LA Colors Pink Bubbles I think used Pink Bubbles and black acrylic paint to create the leopard design on the white nails. The index finger I added little white dots, and the ring finger, I added the bow to. They were sooo cute!

Until I realized my oopsie. I attached the little bows using top coat, just like I would any other gem or stud, though the site says to use nail glue. I thought it just said that as a way to make the decoration last longer on the nail, and as I didn't have any nail glue around because I don't use it for anything, it would be a waste, I just went 'oh well, I'll use top coat, it'll be fine' but NOPE! Let me just say.. if a products page says to use glue to attach it, I now know that I should listen and use nail glue and not top coat. These would have been cute and reusable but.. since I didn't listen.. they're not. On the right hand, pretty quickly after I attached it, I bumped it before it was dry and attached good, causing the bow to move. Along with smearing the nail, it smeared and pulled off the design from the bow. Making them unusable now. When I took the other one off that's pictured here, I had a tiny bit of that problem as well, but I may be able to use that one still.

Here's a picture of the worst one just to show what I mean. So, to sum up that long rambling mess up there? DON'T USE TOP COAT TO ATTACH THESE. At least not if you want to be able to use them again. Use nail glue like the site says.

These come in a pack of two and are about $4 per pack. Which normally, I wouldn't pay for just two little bow shaped gems, but these are meant to be reusable so it's not too bad as long as you get a few uses out of them.

What did you all think of these? Is it something you would buy?

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I knowww I loved them! if only I would have listend and used nail glue :( haha

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They are! And there's so many different colors and designs to pick from on the website!

      Delete
  3. OOO that's weird, I just used a little dab of top coat to attach mine and that didn't happen to me! Aww man that would have been cute to reuse too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might have to do with it getting smudged and moved around while it was wet cause the one that didn't happen to, while it's not in the best shape and has a few little smudges and bare spots on it, could probably get one more use out of. I think though.. the glue dries faster so it's less likely to get moved around and smeared. Either that... or they've started making them different since you got yours

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment on the posts below. But lets all play nice together. Don't be rude or hateful towards other commenters or the comments will be deleted. Also try to stay away from leaving links in the comments. If there's something you'd like me to see that relates to the post, then feel free, but don't leave a link to your blog just to advertise.